Saturday, January 23, 2010

Pioneer Powered Subwoofer Question About The Settings On My Powered Subwoofer?

Question about the settings on my powered subwoofer? - pioneer powered subwoofer

I have a Boston Acoustics PV1000 Subwoofer and I connected to a receiver Pioneer VSX 84TXSi over coaxial cable monster. In front of the subwoofer, the following parameters: incriments crossover 50,80,120,150. After the intersection with the options "Set" or "No". And finally, with the polarity setting of 0 ° "or" 180 degrees ". I am a newcomer to the establishment of home theater, and I have to market it as such and any necessary adjustments to my receiver for optimum performance of my subwoofer. Thanks

2 comments:

Grumpy Mac said...

Short answer:

Put it everywhere on the ice.

Reset polarity.

BACKGROUND:

If the full program of speakers sounds of the sub-band low-frequency sounds and send the rest to the left / right speakers. But do not connect in this way connected. The receiver is responsible for the transfer functions do not want the subwoofer to guess "the handset.

Polarity: In a heavy fire bass track, and drag the speakers can waunder through space, and note some points where the bass is strong, and roar, and other places where it is smooth and solid. The control of polarity may help to move these items.

But the move within a few yards along a have a much stronger effect than controlling the polarity, so it's pretty useless.

ALSO: You can use the intensity of the subcommittee of the volume of the main speakers. I believe that the recipient self-calibration. If not - is an Internet search to learn how to use an SPL meter to calibrate the speakers.

rodjared said...

1. 75-100, or whatever you want
2. If you have activated crossing receiver settings?
3. 0

Post a Comment